Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A potential idea

Posted by: Greg @ 1:03 PM.

I was doing some cleaning yesterday and found my copy of the I Ching. I've always been fascinated by Eastern philosophies and ideas, and I was thinking that it might be interesting to have a character occasionally consult the hexagrams to try to figure out what to do with respect to situations that may arise. Basically, at the points when the character decides to use it, I would do the casting myself and then use whatever comes up to move the story along. However, that feels way too gimmicky. And I'm pretty sure I've read a story where the characters did the same thing. I guess we'll see how the characters are turning out as I write and see if it is actually something that any of them would do.

Oh, and I did another redo of some of the coding and they design of the page. Still not quite what I want, but it'll have to do for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Name: Greg
Location: Washington, DC, United States

Website: Grok Life

Create A New Post

Previous Posts

Blog status
So, I was doing some reading in the livejournal co...
Well, this is where I'll keep at least one copy of...

National Novel Writing Month 2006 Participant



Archives